Another Successful Launch

by

ScrantonSpace

While home to visit the family a week ago the Scranton Space Program convened for another launch. The last time we were together we launched three rockets each with pretty different designs. One burned in half upon launching, one had bits of its fins break off, and one went into the sky never to be seen again.

That last one kinda bothered me. It had two engines in it and it was the first time I got both engines to ignited. Of course since it was lost to the woods I didn’t know that both engines went off  until I got my film (yes film!) developed. This time I hoped it would be different. I whipped together a dual engine rocket in a day and a half. I also converted another one to use some D engines I had laying around. They weren’t pretty but they’d work….I hoped.

They actually did launch pretty well. We seemed to have trouble keeping nose cones attached but we didn’t lose a single rocket! The double engines went off and were recovered. Check out the photos:

Check out the rest of the photos and some videos here.

Advertisements

Tags: , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: